In the world of golf, anticipation is building as we gear up for the 2023 Tour Championship. Last week, golf enthusiasts witnessed another thrilling victory by Viktor Hovland at the BMW Championship, making it the fifth outright winner in just two months since we began covering these events.
This time, the excitement is centered around the 30 best golfers on the PGA Tour who have excelled throughout the year. They’ll be competing at the esteemed East Lake Golf Club to determine the victor of the 2023 FedEx Cup. This par-70 course stretches approximately 7,300 yards and promises intense action.
Understanding the Tournament
Before diving into the odds and predictions, it’s crucial to grasp the unique format of this week’s event. Thanks to the points system in place for the FedEx Playoffs, Scottie Scheffler will kick off the tournament with a commanding lead, starting at an impressive 10-under par. Following closely behind is Viktor Hovland at 8-under par, fresh from his comeback win, while the reigning champion, Rory McIlroy, stands at 7-under par. Jon Rahm (-6) and Lucas Glover (-5) complete the top five contenders.
Betting on the Action
For those looking to get in on the action, we’ve got you covered with everything you need, from the odds to our top bets. The oddsboard looks familiar, with Scottie Scheffler emerging as the favorite as he already enjoys a two-stroke lead. Currently listed at +130 at FanDuel Sportsbook, Scheffler is poised to make his mark. Rory McIlroy isn’t far behind, boasting the second-best odds at +330, while Viktor Hovland rounds out the top three with odds of +500.
Top-10 Favorites and Expert Picks
Now, let’s delve into the top-10 favorites and my recommended portfolio for this tournament:
- Scottie Scheffler (+130) – A $10 wager could potentially yield a total of $23.
- Rory McIlroy (+330) – Betting $10 here could result in a total of $43.
- Viktor Hovland (+500) – A $10 bet might return a handsome $60.
- Jon Rahm (+850) – Risking $10 could lead to a $95 payday.
- Patrick Cantlay (+1800) – A $10 bet could be worth $190 if he prevails.
- Max Homa (+3500) – With a $10 wager, you stand to win $360.
- Xander Schauffele (+3500) – Betting $10 might net you $360.
- Lucas Glover (+5500) – A $10 bet could yield an impressive $560.
- Matt Fitzpatrick (+6000) – Betting $10 here could result in a total of $610.
- Brian Harman (+7000) – Risking $10 might lead to a $710 payday.
Expert Picks: Brian Harman and Russell Henley
- Brian Harman top 10, including strokes (+140): His skill set is tailor-made for this course, and his recent form, including a T-5 finish last week at Olympia Fields and an Open Championship win, makes him a solid choice.
- Russell Henley top 10, including strokes (+160): Like Harman, Henley has been on fire with three consecutive top-eight finishes, making him another promising pick.
Long Shots for Thrill-Seekers
If you enjoy the thrill of long-shot bets (+3000 or longer), there are a couple of underdogs worth considering:
- [Insert Name] – These dark horses provide an added layer of excitement and the possibility of significant returns. Holding onto these "lottery tickets" throughout the tournament can be an exhilarating experience, offering multiple hedging opportunities if you’re looking to mitigate risks.
In the end, the 2023 Tour Championship odds, predictions: Favorites and picks from the field offer a dynamic landscape for both avid golf fans and those looking to try their luck. As the tournament unfolds at East Lake Golf Club, stay tuned for exciting developments and see if our expert picks and long-shot suggestions make their mark on the leaderboard.
Notable Contenders Beyond the Favorites
What are the 2023 Tour Championship odds?
The 2023 Tour Championship odds bring you the latest insights from FanDuel Sportsbook, with updates typically released every Monday morning. These odds incorporate a unique twist, featuring bonus staggered starting strokes for the contenders. To give you a glimpse of the dynamic odds, let’s take a look back at last year’s scenario: Scottie Scheffler began as a favorite with odds of +250 to win, while Patrick Cantlay stood at +430 and was two strokes behind. However, this year, Cantlay is making a formidable start at -4. Keep an eye on these odds as they evolve, shaping the narrative of the 2023 Tour Championship.
Who is McIlroy’s favorite in the 2023 Tour Championship?
In the 2023 Tour Championship, Rory McIlroy finds himself starting the tournament three shots behind the leader, Scheffler. McIlroy is currently the second favorite with odds of +330 in the latest Tour Championship odds. Scheffler leads as the favorite at +130, followed by Hovland at +450, Jon Rahm at +850, and Patrick Cantlay at +1800 to round out the top five choices on the PGA odds board.
Who is the most accomplished golfer of 2023?
Who will emerge as the most accomplished golfer of 2023? The golfer who secures the top spot on the leaderboard at the 2023 Tour Championship will not only claim a substantial prize but will also earn the title of one of the year’s most accomplished players. Among those vying for this honor, none have more at stake than Scottie Scheffler and Rory McIlroy.
What are the odds of winning the Tour Championship?
In the context of the Tour Championship, last year’s odds set the stage. Scottie Scheffler began with favorable odds of +250 to secure victory. Meanwhile, Patrick Cantlay, slightly less favored at +430 and trailing by 2 strokes, has now found himself in the advantageous position of starting at -4. As we look ahead to the 2023 edition, it’s reasonable to anticipate that Viktor Hovland and Rory McIlroy will both hover around +400 as the frontrunners to win, with Rory’s odds slightly edging below that mark at select online sportsbooks. Additionally, an alternative approach to wagering on the TOUR Championship involves choosing the winner without considering the starting strokes.